Large roadhouse constructed by Mann, Crossman & Paulin in 1938, replacing the original Horseshoe which was built in 1847, on the site of an old beerhouse, the Blacksmiths Arms, itself dating from 1609. In recent years it has been refurbished and there is a large separate restaurant off the main bar area. Bar meals are also available, together with two well-kept beers (although these come from national and large regional brewers). Food is available 12-10 (9:30 Sunday) and there is a carvery over Sunday lunchtime. Families are well catered for and there is a separate children's menu and colouring equipment. Outside is a patio garden. Free WiFi is available. The conservatory is available to hire for private parties.