Caledonian Deuchars IPA Fuller's London Pride Guest Beers (4)
The Blue Ball re-opened on 22 August 2015 having been closed for three years. Facing Walton Heath and overlooking the village pond, the pub is named after the centre of a racing winning post. The original 1880 building has gained a later ground floor extension along the length of its front. Inside, the bar sits to the right, neatly dividing the floor space up between a front bar, a small side area round a fireplace and a rear dining room which has a central wood burning stove and leads to an outside decking area. There are also all weather wooden huts for dining outside down the side of the pub. The pub originally belonged to W F Hodgson's Kingston Brewery until its acquisition by Courage in 1943 and there is little to see of the original 1880 building. At the front is a wooden floored area which acts as the bar area. This leads to a large dining area which is split into smaller sections. The menu changes frequently and features a number of dishes cooked on the premises. At weekends breakfast is served from 9-11, although you will not get a drink at that time. Meals are served all day from 12-9:30 (9 on Sundays). The pub is tied to Heineken for its beers with three Caledonian beers usually on sale. One of these, Edinburgh Castle 80/-, is sold under the name of Blue Ball Bitter. There is free Wi-Fi and papers and dogs are welcome in the bar area at the front. There are a couple of disabled parking spaces in front of the pub and baby change facilities inside.