A black and white Edwardian establishment set back from the main road on a small green, this is mainly a restaurant but it does have a small bar as you enter with a couple of tables and some window seats. A smoking patio area comes off this area. Originally called the Bricklayer’s Arms, it was renamed Tumble Beacon in 1972 to commemorate the Banstead Beacon that was constructed to warn of the arrival of the Spanish Armada. It was subsequently renamed in 2007. This was originally a Mellersh & Neale house until their take over by Meux & Co in 1938, becoming Friary Meux in the late 1950s. The pub is much given over to the Grumpy Mole Restaurant which covers two rooms. During the week food is served from 12 till 2:30 and 5 till 9:30, with afternoon tea and sandwiches being available from 3 till 5 and at weekends the full menu is available from 12 till 9:30. There are some attractive outdoor drinking areas.