Address: Church Road Post Code: RH7 6AH Location:LINGFIELD Bus Route(s): 231, 233, 236, 281, 315, 509 OS Ref: TQ 389436 (Bing Maps)(Google Maps) Ownership: Ei Group Web Site:www.thestar-lingfield.co.uk (01342) 832364 Opening Hours: 11-11:30; 11-midnight Fri; 11-1am Sat; 12-10:30 Sun A CAMRA Recommended Pub
Harvey's Sussex Best Bitter Sharp's Doom Bar Guest Beers (3)
The original pub was in a building opposite (now Church House). The current pub was built in 1938 with the licence transferring from the original pub, and is to be found away from the main road in an attractive area close to the parish church. Old photographs show that the original pub (which dated frorm the 16th century in parts) used to be owned by Kelseys of Tunbridge Wells, a brewery that closed in 1956. Kelseys originally took over the pub in June 1873 for the sum of 1,300 pounds. Today the pub comprises a single L-shaped bar where a real fire burns in winter. Sky Sports is shown in one end of the pub. At the other is the Garden Room which can be hired for functions. All food is prepared on the premises and is served 12-9 daily. Accommodation comprises of twelve en-suite double rooms. The beer range changes from time to time - the guest beers often include Long Man and Otter. There is acoustic music on Saturday nights. Games such as dominoes can be played with giant Jenga being found in the garden.